11.16.2014

Month of Gratitude: Pinterest & Patience

November has proven to not feel like November in Florida. Like, the high today will be 81 degrees, with a thunderstorm and a low of 54 degrees. My prediction is the first half of Tuesday will actually feel like it's November. What's creepy is as I typed this, the clouds covered the sun, the room grew dark and a crow cawed in the distance. Ok, the last part is a huge stretch of my imagination, but the moment felt so Edgar Alan Poe, I had to go there! Regardless, it's fall and the countdown to Thanksgiving at my house has become the alarm clock! 13 more days! 12 more days!! 11 more days!!! We have some friends coming into visit and while my house isn't decorated the way I'd envisioned, it's definitely going to feel like home when it's filled with the laughter and memories. 

Thanksgiving is a time to reflect on gratefulness. I am thankful all 365 days of the year but during this #MonthOfGratitude I will be narrowing it down and sharing with you all things I am grateful for! Since there are 26 letters of the alphabet and Thanksgiving is on November 27, this is how it goes: 

Post something you're grateful for that begins with each letter of the alphabet each day leading to Thanksgiving. It's a great way to focus on the blessings in your life and not the stresses of the holiday season! 

So, today I am thankful for #patience & #Pinterest. I wouldn't normally do two things in one day, but they go so well together! Let me explain. 

We recently had our house built and it has been a dream come true. I never thought I'd be a homeowner. I never thought I'd have space to garden, or something bigger than a debit card in my own name. Being married for almost 3 years, my husband and I have had some struggles. Our victories outweigh the struggles, but they were difficult nevertheless. I will have a lifetime to fill our home with decorations that speak to who we are as a family and to do that I have to remember to have #patience. Patience with our bank account, the hours we work, the hours I travel, the time it takes to do the projects I want to do, just overall patience. I have a vision for our home. I have color schemes and specific pieces of furniture that will be useful, and a place that will be filled with warmth, love, blessings. I just don't have the funds to make it happen all at once! So, since I'm not a window shopper, I am thankful for #Pinterest! I have pinned so many things and have actually used a few to give our home a sense of individuality. This Thanksgiving, I will be using tips I read about to make serving people easier, I discovered posts that speak to me being an #INFJ and that will help with the stress of the holidays...I just love Pinterest. The more I pin, the more patience I have. My house will be Good Housekeeping worthy soon...soon. 


^^^Unless I win the lottery, then I would buy all the things I pinned and pin some more. 

What are you thankful for that starts with "P"? If you have a Pinterest, what's your favorite thing to pin? Have life improved because of pinning? 

No comments:

Post a Comment