11.10.2013

Reflections Post: Marriage & HIV

Some time ago I posted what I expected in marriage as an HIV positive woman and how I felt about who ever thought they could handle me in said marriage. Well...two years later...my reality is bliss!


So I'll be married for two years this coming February!

And I still have this smile on my face!

Being married is one of the most natural feeling things I've ever experienced next to being a mom. I'm amazed at just the thought of it. These are the two things I was most scared of in life. Being a mother wasn't in my plans and being married was something I was growing very wary of. But here I am. 

My husband is one of the hardest working men I've ever met in my life. Everything I spoke of in that blog was a resignation of being ok with being single. Once I reached that in my faith capsule, all else simply fell into place. I wasn't looking, I wasn't questioning, it seriously snuck up on me and I've been on my toes ever since trying to keep up with all of the blessings. 

Do we fight? Not so much, but we can do a quick snap, crackle, POP! Then retreat to our corners and come together again in love and understanding. Are there struggles though? OH YES! If it's not insurance, it's waiting for our house to be built. If it's not that, it's our daughter and her growing pains (we're raising my Tween from a previous relationship), or it's something about me always forgetting to take the meat out the freezer. We're not perfect, but we're perfect for each other. 

So, as I reflect on that scared little girl in the previous blog to the giddy and in love little girl I am now, I realize I am one blessed woman. I got my happily ever after and this fairy tale is far from over. 

Take THAT HIV! I am covered in a Ephesians 3:20-21 kind of life! "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us. To him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus, throughout all generations forevermore. Amen!" NIV


1 comment:

  1. Is he positive, saw your video on youtube and admired you. Too bad you are married now.

    ReplyDelete