11.01.2014

Month of Gratitude: Advocates

I miss this opportunity every year and while I am thankful every single day for multiple things, I find it inspiring to focus on one thing a day that I am thankful for, especially during the month of November which is our traditional month for Thanksgiving. So during this #MonthOfGratitude I will be sharing with you all things I am grateful for! Since there are 26 letters of the alphabet and Thanksgiving is on November 27, this is how it goes:

Post something you're grateful for that begins with each letter of the alphabet each day leading to Thanksgiving. It's a great way to focus on the blessings in your life and not the stresses of the holiday season! 



I'm going to start with Advocacy! I'm grateful for the people who have hearts and passion to speak for others that are unable. While I am an HIV advocate, inspired and motivated by courageous and beautiful people, I also think of our veterans, children needing quality education, the homeless and hungry, abused and neglected children, domestic violence, gender equality, different-abled individuals, incarcerated men and women, victims of gun violence, missing and exploited elderly...the list goes on and on of people that need someone to stand for them. I am grateful that for every evil in this world, there's someone willing to speak and fight for the rights of those that are denied a suitable quality of life and opportunity for abundant living. I am grateful that advocates sacrifice a part of themselves and deal with things that either indirectly or directly impact them. Advocates have a passion and empathy that changes the world and for that, I am thankful.

Have you had the chance to speak up for someone that couldn't speak for themselves?
Have you had someone fight for you? 

If you're looking for a way to get involved with advocacy, the first step is to simply speak your issue, share with loved ones or contact me and I will definitely link you to someone! Be someone's reason to be thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment